THE iNFINITY

Ain't that easy...

Its always the simple things that change our lives. And these things never happen when you are looking for them to happen. Life will reveal answers at the place life wishes to do so. You feel like running towards, or maybe away, but life, is on a stroll. This is how God does things.
 - Donald Miller

My father has this queer little punchline to bring 
me back to the ground when I tend to, sort of, run away from my responsibilities. It says - "What you resist, shall persist." And time and again, I have been served lessons that bring me to realise this hard, foul truth about the game called life. 

Today was another such day, when a small omen reminded me how I can't run away from life, the more I try to the more it will follow me, given its penchant for crushes on pessimists. 

Out of nowhere, I had been presented with this faint chance of an early exit from my present college campus, with the chance of completing the last semester in a branch of JUIT at Delhi. For someone as exasperated with life in its current state and place as me, the very idea presented a plethora of seemingly infinite choices. 

Though I had been living with the unfortunate possibility of the whole plot not materialising at all, at the back of my mind, I continued to live on, dreaming of an early exit from self-synthesized troubles through the backdoor. And, there were many things that I imagined en route - a new beginning from the endings, subtle change in attitude to life and its affiliates in general and how can I forget, the cooler, more professional version of me that I had drawn in my mind. 

And then, it all came crashing down to the ground with a thud! A simple email informed me that life had chosen, not to provide me with the easy escape route that I had dreamt of, so much. 

Why I keep throwing away the pearls of wisdom that life sends me gift wrapped to perfection, is a question that I might find an answer to in sometime. Why I thought I could escape from my life's karma come payback time, when all my life I had learned that 'you get as good as you give', is another puzzle, that seems pretty much solved for the time being. 

What I can't really fathom and don't have the guts to dig deep for an answer to, is this question - Why do I tend to forget my father's advice as - just another punchline? Any volunteers out there, interested in public service?


Dedicated to: You, Dad.

Add To Delicious
Add to Del.icio.us
Digg This Post
Digg
This Post
Stumble This Post
Stumble This Post
Fave on Technorati
Fave on Technorati
Reading: Ain't that easy...Tweet This
Tweet
This Post

Bookmark and Share
0 reflected back...:

Post a Comment

iNFINITY thrives on ideas and your thoughts go a long way in the making of ideas, that carry the discussion forward.
Thank You for leaving your comments.


Most read on THE iNFINITY

Rate THE iNFINITY

Thus spoke the wor(l)dly wise

View Aseem Sood's profile on LinkedIn